- 22 Jul 2021
- Updated on 22 Jul 2021
Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of HI, LLC d.b.a. Kernel (“Kernel,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
Personal Data We Collect
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data You Provide: When you sign up for our mailing list we collect your name and email address. When you apply for a job through the Site, we collect your name, email, phone number, current company, resume, website URLs you choose to share (such as to your LinkedIn profile), and any information contained in your responses to our job application questions. If you email us your resume or otherwise communicate with us, we may collect any information included in your communication.
Social Media Data: We have pages on social media sites like Twitter, Medium, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Data: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Site (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Data: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Data: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Data: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
- Email Open/Click Data: We may use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser's settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
How We Use Personal Data
We may use Personal Data to:
- Operate and administer the Site;
- Respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- Send newsletters, updates, and administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Analyze how you interact with our Site;
- Maintain and improve the Site;
- Prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- Comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing: We may use your Personal Data to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Data
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with the following categories of third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, customer relationship management services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
Update Your Information
Please contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.
Our Site is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Kernel does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to Kernel through the Site please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links To Other Websites
You use the Site at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Site or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Kernel via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or third party websites.
By using our Site, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Data will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Site, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to ask us to update or correct your Personal Data.