- 20 Jul 2021
Kernel Cloud organizational structure
- Updated on 20 Jul 2021
The list below illustrates how a Kernel Cloud organization and its research is organized in the Kernel Cloud database.
- DATASET: an individual collection of data, such as a Kernel Flow recording (e.g. what is captured between Record start and Record stop of the Flow device). Datasets can also refer to data collected through a survey or other data stream. A dataset has a variety of metadata saved with it, for a list of those metadata, see Dataset Metadata.
- SESSION: a collection of individual datasets, such as all the datasets recorded while a participant is wearing the headset on a specific day.
- STUDY: a research project. May include multiple tasks, and research may be conducted over many sessions.
- TASK: an individual experiment within a study.
- DATA STREAM: the source of data recorded in a dataset (typically a Kernel Flow device, or a survey).
An organization can have an unlimited number of Studies, each Study can have an unlimited number of sessions, and each session can have an unlimited number of datasets. Datasets can optionally be associated with a task name.