Kernel Cloud overview
- 27 Oct 2021
Kernel Cloud overview
- Updated on 27 Oct 2021
Before using your Kernel product for the first time, you must set up your organization using the Kernel Cloud Researcher portal at portal.kernel.com.
Refer to your purchase confirmation email to identify your organization owner's account login and password information.
On the Researcher Portal, you can perform the following tasks:
- Configure your Kernel Cloud organization and account
- Add researchers to your team
- Create studies
- Create participant IDs
- Generate unique participant Invitation codes
- Create task names
- Upload surveys for study participants
- View and download datasets
Logging into the Researcher Portal:
You can login to the Researcher Portal either by entering a one-time passcode or by scanning a QR code from within the Kernel App.
To login to the Researcher Portal:
- From the Researcher Portal home page, click Log In.
- Enter the email address associated with your account and click Log In.
An email is sent containing a unique one-time code. In your browser window, the Confirm Authentication dialog appears.
You can now login using either:
To login using the emailed one-time code:
- Switch to your email program.
- Locate the email from Kernel Support with the subject "Kernel Sign In Code."
- Copy the unique code from the email to the clipboard.
- Switch back to the browser window where the Researcher Portal is open and paste the code from the clipboard into the Confirm code field.
- Click Confirm.
You are logged in.
- If you did not receive the code or the code is expired, click Resend.
To login using a QR code:
- Click QR code.
The screen displays a QR code.
- Open the Kernel App on your iOS or Android device.NOTE:The account logged into the Kernel App must be the same account as the one attempting to log into the Researcher Portal.
- Tap the Profile icon in the lower right to open the Profile page.
- Tap the QR code icon in the upper left to launch the QR code scanner.
- If you haven't already, click OK to grant access for the Kernel App to use your device's camera.
- Point the camera at the QR code on the computer screen.
When the code is successfully read, a confirmation dialog will appear.
- Click Done.
The browser window containing the Research Portal automatically refreshes, and you are logged in.